Tuesday, August 20, 2013

This little light of mine...

 After watching children I headed over to Andy's grandmother's house to pick him up. We drove on down to Derek's work where we shared a kid's chicken finger and fries plate. The whole dinner Andy pointed out the windows and let me know what was on his mind "outside! outside! outside!" So it was only appropriate to let the house be dirty another day and let him go out and run around the courthouse. He loves climbing up and down the steps, running up the ramp, laying in the grass, and running up to the statue horses. He even "neigh"ed tonight! He is a sponge of information lately which gets me excited. Seriously, can this kid be any cuter?
So many people ask me, "Are you guys ready to be his parents?" and I have to say, "Of course!" I mean I can't say we've mastered this art of parenting and I have yet to pick up some parenting magazine. Some days are hard and some days are easy. Some days he gets into every little drawer and cabinet and dumps everything out. I have to keep calm and remember that he's only one once and he will learn what he should be doing and what he shouldn't be soon enough. I just have to soak up his good times and get through the rough. He's a normal toddler with his ups and downs. We will love him no matter what! We have so much learn but we also have a lot of time to learn what he needs to be happy. Being a nanny is so much fun as I get to be that person who has a blast with the kids and not be too much of a disciplinary but now my role has changed for him and that's a little tough. Now I get the joy of tucking him in each night, him kissing me and Derek and telling us "night, night" and for now that is all worth it.
This week we take an oath at the courthouse to be his legal guardians. It excites me that he may always be around and getting to live in my little white house, in his pearl green room, with his lockers, and lots of love. I also know that God has a plan and will always keep him in his arms, may he not always to get to be in mine.  

“And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.”  Colossians 3:15

No comments:

Post a Comment